According to The Mail, exiled Wayne Rooney is Manchester United’s highest-paid player on £300,000-a-week – not bad for just warming the bench.
The same could be said of Man City’s in-and-out duo, Sergio Aguero and Yaya Toure, who are both earning £240k.
It may come as a surprise to hear that three Premier League clubs towards the bottom of the table are paying upwards of £100,000-a-week to their top player.
According to the Times' figures, one of the most surprising revelations is the wage of Crystal Palace's Christian Benteke, who is being paid an eye-watering £120,000-a-week to help the club stay in the Premier League.
Highest paid players
- Manchester United Wayne Rooney £300,000
- Manchester City Sergio Aguero / Yaya Toure £240,000
- Chelsea Cesc Fabregas £220,000
- Liverpool Philippe Coutinho £150,000
- Arsenal Mesut Ozil £140,000
- Crystal Palace Christian Benteke £120,000
- Tottenham Harry Kane / Hugo Lloris £100,000
- Leicester Jamie Vardy £100,000
- Middlesbrough Alvaro Negredo £100,000
- Watford Troy Deeney £100,000
- Southampton Fraser Forster £90,000
- Bournemouth Jack Wilshere £80,000
- West Ham Andy Carroll £80,000
- Everton Romelu Lukaku £75,000
- Sunderland Jermain Defoe £70,000
- Swansea Fernando Llorente / Gylfi Sigurdsson £70,000
- Stoke Xherdan Shaqiri / Marko Arnautovic £65,000
- West Brom Darren Fletcher / James Morrison £65,000
- Burnley Robbie Brady £35,000
- Hull Abel Hernandez £35,000